DALLAS, July 11, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments (TI) (NASDAQ:TXN) today introduced the industry’s first double-data-rate (DDR) memory linear regulator for space applications. The TPS7H3301-SP is the only DDR regulator immune to single-event effects up to 65 megaelectron volts per centimeter squared (MeV-cm2), powering space-satellite payloads including single-board computers, solid-state recorders and other memory applications. For more information or to download the radiation report, see www.ti.com/TPS7H3301-SP-pr.
Integrating two monolithic power field-effect transistors (FETs) for source and sink termination and an internal voltage reference, the TPS7H3301-SP is up to 50 percent smaller than a switch-mode regulator DDR solution. To see a live demonstration of the new regulator and learn about other products from TI’s leading-edge radiation-hardened portfolio, visit Booth 43 during the 2016 Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Nuclear and Space Radiation Effects Conference (NSREC), starting today.
Key features and benefits:
- Small size: At 0.16 square inches, the device is up to 50 percent smaller than a switch-mode regulator DDR solution, delivering critical weight and launch cost savings.
- Superior radiation performance: Along with industry-leading immunity, the device withstands a total ionizing dose of up to 100 krad. Its stable termination power supply ensures that single-event effects do not impact read-and-write operations.
- Easy design-in: Designers can pair the TPS7H3301-SP with the TPS50601-SP buck converter to create the smallest complete power solution for DDR memory. As with TI’s entire space portfolio, designers have access to a full suite of support resources, including comprehensive radiation reports, on-demand training and Simulation Program with Integrated Circuit Emphasis (SPICE) models.
- Maximum export: The device is controlled under U.S. Department of Commerce Export Control Classification Number (ECCN) EAR99.
Tools and support to jump-start designs
Designers can reduce development time and quickly complete worst-case circuit analysis by downloading a full-capability linear regulator SPICE model.
Package, availability and pricing
The TPS7H3301-SP is available now in a 16-pin dual-ceramic flat package that is Qualified Manufacturer List (QML) Class V and 100 krad (silicon) radiation hardness assurance (RHA) qualified (5962R1422801VXC). You can obtain more information about this device from the Defense Logistics Agency. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for suggested retail pricing.
Learn more about TI’s proven space portfolio:
- View the TPS7H3301-SP data sheet.
- Watch a video about using the TPS7H3301-SP evaluation module to jump-start your design.
- Read more about TI at NSREC on the Analog Wire blog.
- Find helpful training content in the space and high reliability learning center.
- Check out TI’s entire portfolio of leading-edge radiation hardened and assured products for space flight.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog integrated circuits (ICs) and embedded processors. By employing the world’s brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today. Learn more at www.ti.com.
SOURCE Texas Instruments