DALLAS, June 11, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today introduced two wide-VIN synchronous SIMPLE SWITCHER® DC/DC buck regulators in ultra-small HotRod™ quad flat no-lead (QFN) packaging. The highly integrated 3-A LMR33630 and 2-A LMR33620 step-down voltage converters feature the industry’s best full load efficiency – 92 percent – for rugged and reliable industrial power supplies with switching frequencies up to 2.1 MHz. Used in conjunction with TI’s WEBENCH® Power Designer, the converters simplify power conversion and speed the design process. For more information, samples and evaluation modules (EVMs), see www.ti.com/LMR33630-pr.
The 3.8-V to 36-V LMR33630 and LMR33620 buck regulators are offered in 3-mm-by-2-mm thermally enhanced packaging. The small HotRod QFN package includes unique wettable flanks enabling post-solder optical inspection to simplify manufacturing and gives the LMR33630 the industry’s highest 0.5A/mm2 power density at 3 A of current. Optimized package construction and symmetrical pin placement minimizes parasitic inductance and facilitate optimal placement of input bypass capacitors to mitigate conducted and radiated noise emissions. Watch the video, "Reduce EMI and shrink solution size with HotRod packaging."
Key features and benefits of the LMR33630 and LMR33620
- The new DC/DC converters provide an operating input voltage range as high as 36 V for nominal 12-V or 24-V systems such as factory and home automation, motor drives, inverters and servo control units. For applications up to 60 V, TI offers the 600-mA LMR36006 and 1.5-A LMR36015 synchronous step-down converters in pin-compatible packages.
- The 36-V regulators feature full load efficiency of 92 percent at 24 VIN, 5 VOUT and a 400-kHz switching frequency. Very low 24-µA typical standby quiescent current increases light load efficiency.
- In addition to the QFN package, the 36-V regulators are also available in a thermally efficient, 8-pin, 5-mm-by-6-mm small-outline integrated circuit (SOIC) package that delivers an ultra-low thermal coefficient of 13.8ºC/W (ΨJB) to further improve reliability. Watch the video, "Trade-offs between thermal performance and small solution size with DC/DC converters."
Packaging, pricing and availability
Available through the TI store and authorized distributors, the 36-V LMR33630 and LMR33620 are priced in small reels at US$1.86 and US$1.75, respectively, for 1,000-unit quantities. The 60-V LMR36015 and LMR36006 are priced in small reels at US$1.84 and US$1.61, respectively, for 1,000-unit quantities through the TI store. All four devices are available in the 12-pin HotRod package.
Order the EVMs:
Download these reference designs:
- Wide Vin Power Supply for Size-Sensitive Sensors Reference Design.
- Two-Stage Power Supply Reference Design for Field Transmitters.
Find out more about TI’s power portfolio
- Get more information on TI’s DC/DC switching regulators and all of TI’s power-management products.
- See all of the power designs in the TI Designs reference design library.
- Search for solutions, get help and share knowledge in the TI E2E™ Community Power Management forum.
About SIMPLE SWITCHER solutions
TI’s portfolio of easy-to-use SIMPLE SWITCHER products sets the standard for power-supply design. With support in TI’s WEBENCH® Power Designer, SIMPLE SWITCHER products enable optimized power supplies and simplified printed circuit board layout for small, efficient designs. Learn more at www.ti.com/simpleswitcher.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog integrated circuits (ICs) and embedded processors. By employing the world’s brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping approximately 100,000 customers transform the future, today. Learn more at www.ti.com.
SIMPLE SWITCHER and WEBENCH are registered trademarks and HotRod and TI E2E are trademarks of Texas Instruments. All other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments