DALLAS, Dec. 5, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments (TI) (NASDAQ:TXN) today introduced the first 2.1-MHz Class-D audio amplifier specifically designed for automotive applications. Supporting high-resolution 96-kHz digital input, the compact TAS6424-Q1 enables high-fidelity audio with low distortion in automotive infotainment applications. For more information, visit www.ti.com/tas6424q1-pr.
The TAS6424-Q1 enables the use of smaller external filters and eliminates up to 18 external components to reduce system size and cost compared to existing Class-D solutions. With maximum output power of 75 W per channel, the device features the industry’s highest switching rate and is the only audio amplifier that switches above the AM band.
Key features and benefits of the TAS6424-Q1 Class-D audio amplifier
- Reduces electromagnetic interference (EMI): Switching above the AM band eliminates the need for complex avoidance schemes and eases electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) designs while enabling the system to meet Comité International Spécial des Perturbations Radioélectriques (CISPR) 25 Class 5 EMC requirements.
- Supports low impedance: Maintains stable audio playback while driving low impedance loads of 2 ohms.
- Advanced AC load diagnostics and line driver mode: The TAS6424-Q1 provides detailed on-chip phase and impedance measurements that designers can use to configure the device with various outputs, such as woofer, tweeter and line-level connections.
- Enhanced audio quality: Improves distortion, power-supply rejection and dynamic response with high-frequency switching.
- Lower noise: An integrated digital-to-analog converter helps deliver a low system output noise of 42 uVrms for automotive designs like external amplifiers and head units.
- Better thermal performance: Reduces power dissipation by as much as 60 percent compared to Class-AB amplifiers, greatly reducing the need for fans or large heat sinks.
Tools and support to jump-start design
The PurePath™ Console graphical user interface is available to help designers easily configure the TAS6424-Q1. To simulate and optimize the device, designers can download an IBIS model or request a TAS6424-Q1 evaluation module.
Package, availability and pricing
The TAS6424-Q1 is available now in a PowerPAD™ thermally enhanced shrink small-outline package (HSSOP) from the TI store and authorized distributors. Pricing is US$5.97 in 1,000-unit quantities.
Learn more about TI’s proven audio innovation
- Download the TAS6424-Q1 data sheet.
- Watch a short video that outlines the benefits of TAS6424-Q1.
- Search for answers and get help with your design in the TI E2E™ Community Audio Amplifiers forum.
- Find automotive infotainment reference designs in the TI Designs library.
- Explore TI’s selection of mid-power audio amplifiers and related technical resources at ti.com/midpoweraudio.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog integrated circuits (ICs) and embedded processors. By employing the world’s brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today. Learn more at www.ti.com.
PurePath Console, PowerPAD and TI E2E are trademarks of Texas Instruments. All registered trademarks and other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments