DALLAS, March 1, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN), the worldwide leader in power-management integrated circuits, will give design engineers the "Power to Do Anything" through a series of demonstrations and presentations at the Applied Power Electronics Conference (APEC), March 26-30, in Tampa, Florida.
Find TI power experts in booth No. 701, as the company reveals new products and unveils end-to-end power-management system solutions including hardware, software and reference designs that help power supply engineers get to market quickly.
At APEC, TI will give designers the power to:
- See how the industry’s first end-to-end gallium nitride (GaN) solution revolutionizes data center AC-to-processor power density by over 3x, with TI’s GaN technology clocking in at over 7 million device reliability hours.
- Experience the design simplicity that power modules provide as TI takes the wraps off its new high-current PMBus™ module with telemetry for communications applications.
- Watch two new low quiescent current (IQ) step-down DC/DC converters power the next evolution of automotive USB Type-C™ and industrial heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) applications.
- View the industry’s first multiphase bidirectional current controller efficiently transfer power between 48-V and 12-V automotive dual-battery systems.
- Analyze and interpret designs with new WEBENCH® tools that simplify design of isolated and non-isolated, AC/DC and DC/DC power and energy storage subsystems. Go beyond the traditional concerns of performance, footprint and cost to design a transformer, mitigate electromagnetic interference (EMI) noise and handle noise-sensitive loads.
- Check out the new TI Power Management Lab Kit (TI-PMLK) buck-boost board and experiment book to better understand the trade-offs related to common power-supply parameters such as power losses, converter efficiency, stability, load and line regulation, and more.
- Attend the APEC plenary "Power Semiconductor Technology – Flexibility for Tomorrow’s Solutions" by Ahmad Bahai, Texas Instruments chief technologist and senior vice president. From 1:30 to 2 p.m. on Monday, March 27. Bahai will show how the demand for smart, high-efficiency power management is outpacing the average growth rate of the semiconductor industry.
- Join TI power experts at more than 30 technical sessions covering topics such as renewable energy systems, wireless technology and GaN device reliability validation.
- Meet Bob Mammano, author of "Fundamentals of Power Supply Design," your new indispensable reference book for all things power, daily in the TI booth. Enter for a chance to win an exclusive autographed pre-release copy.
- Grab TI’s new month-to-month power-topology guide in the TI booth while they last.
Stay connected with TI at APEC 2017: see ti.com/apec2017 and follow us on Twitter and Facebook. Tune into Facebook Live discussions throughout APEC to watch demonstrations, hear more about TI’s latest news in power innovation, and get your questions answered by TI experts in real time.
Find out more about TI’s power-management portfolio
- Follow TI’s Power House blog for tips and tricks on power-supply design.
- Find the best TI power-management product for your next design.
- Search for solutions, get help and share knowledge in the TI E2E™ Community Power Management forum.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments Incorporated is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog integrated circuits (ICs) and embedded processors. By employing the world’s brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today. Learn more at www.ti.com.
WEBENCH is a registered trademark and TI E2E is a trademark of Texas Instruments. All other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments